Safety begins with Quality
MARINI has adopted the UNI EN ISO 9001:2008 quality system in order to guarantee continuous improvements in their products and services, which means reaching assigned security levels and ensuring that products are made to safeguard the health of the operators using them.
MARINI is also involved at European level in drawing up the new technical standards for asphalt machinery to replace the now obsolete EN 536:2001 related to the safety of asphalt plants.
CE Certification and Safety for Asphalt Plants
The CE mark, mandatory throughout the European Union, is a certificate of compliance with European directives on safety, the requirements of which are binding for all products placed on the market within EU countries.
The general heading “Asphalt Plants” includes all the “machinery” involved in the production of asphalt, as indicated in Directive 2006/42/EC.
MARINI’s intention is to ensure a high safety standard for all its plants, endorsed with CE certification, including all machinery destined for markets outside the EC, in accordance with the following Directives:
- Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC
- Low Voltage Directive 2006/95/EC
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Directive 2004/108/EC
CE marking certifies that all safety requirements of the applicable directives are satisfied; in addition MARINI plants are in conformity with the technical standard UNI EN 536:2001 regarding ‘Road construction machinery – Equipment for the production of asphalt’.
Safety of Asphalt Plants: Marini strives for the best
As well as the standard safety equipment also present in the plants of the main manufacturers, MARINI plants can boast the following devices and solutions that provide a higher level of safety during use and maintenance:
- Safety keys with interlocking anti-access and anti-trap devices that prevent operators to access and / or get stuck in dangerous areas of the plant, in accordance with EN 1088:2008 regarding Interlocking devices associated with guards – Principles for design and choice.
- Emergency stops on all modules of the plant in order to ensure quick intervention when necessary, in accordance with EN ISO 13850:2008 regarding Safety of machinery – Emergency stop – Principles for design (ISO 13850:2006)
- Use and maintenance manual, also available on your mobile tablet, providing quick and easy consultation for information on the use and maintenance of the plant.
In addition to the safety devices installed, the following service activities are carried out to ensure proper plant operation and use:
- Plant Testing, carried out by the MARINI technicians, with particular attention to safety devices.
- Training courses for operators on the use and routine maintenance on the plant.
MARINI asphalt plants are designed with the finite element method (FEM), according to Eurocodes and NTC 2008 to withstand the expected loads and, in particular, Marini plants can be installed in areas with the following characteristics:
- Earthquake: Zone 1 “NTC 2008”
- Wind: Zone 9 “NTC 2008”
- Snow: Maximum load 200 kg/m2