Evolved plant for asphalt production using recycled material
Project jointly financed by the European Fund for Regional Development in conjunction with Emilia Romagna Region Grant POR FESR 2014-2020 ‘for Research Projects and Development of Businesses’ – Reg.Council deliberation 773/2015 and later amendments.
AMOUNT OF CONTRIBUTION GRANTED: 650,065.50 euros
PERIOD OF VALIDITY: May 2016 – April 2018
The project consists of the production of a new evolved plant for the production of asphalt for road surfaces with the use of Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement.
It is MARINI’s intention to implement a technological solution which grants considerable benefits in terms of environmental impact, cost savings, versatility, asphalt production quality.
The aims of the project are as follows:
- incentives for the use of Recycled Asphalt Pavement material
- considerable savings in the costs of production
- reduction of environmental impact of the procedure
The implementation of the project will make a significant contribution to the technological, strategical and organizational development of MARINI.
The results expected from the project are as follows:
- execution of the overall project for the new plant, including virtual models for the simulation of structural/thermic critical rating
- execution of a prototype of asphalt plant using recycled material + experimental mock-ups
- purchase of machinery to implement production procedure correlated with building of prototype.